Typically part of our Stem Mastering process, chose this option if you wish to hand the pre master file over to a mastering engineer. We can accommodate up to 10 stereo stems. This option also suits producers who don’t wish to pay for a full mixdown but still require a fresh pair of ears and a mix tweak before mastering.
Stem Pre-Master including 1 revision – $60AUD
Preparing files for Stem Pre-Master
We require the following:
- Up to 10 summed stereo audio files (stems) of equal length that have been bounced/rendered from the beginning to the end of the track. Renders to be 24 or 32 bit and your preferred sample rate. Less stems are fine, various electronic tracks often only require 6-8 stems due to minimal instrumentation.
- A stereo mix of your song in its entirety for reference.
- You may also supply a commercially available reference track with production qualities you admire for our reference.
Recommended Stem groupings include:
- Snares and claps.
- Hi hats and cymbals
- Other drums and percussion
- Lead Vocals
- Backing vocals
- Leads (synthesizer or guitars)
- Pads and strings
NOTE: It is important you check your stems before sending. Place all stems into a blank DAW session along with the stereo mixdown reference and compare. The stems played together should sound identical to your stereo mixdown reference.
For multiple files please compress to zip. Use your preferred Cloud based file hosting service to transfer your files and email the download link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Dropbox, PCloud, Google Drive WeTransfer etc work well.